Saturday, January 27, 2007

Out of the Woods...

Photo of Donna Migliaccio and me, by Carol Pratt.

What's up this weekend in the woods?
Well...Funny enough, I have been listed as "gay" for the first time in a Washington Blade review...I mean, not that I am keeping it a secret or anything, but...
It's funny. I always was like "Why is everyone else listed as gay in the cast in a review, and I am not?". Heh. Now I am...and I'm all like...weird about it. Not mad or embarrassed or anything, because I am not in the closet at all, it is just sort of weird to actually feel labeled.
Just weird. Not saying that it is good or bad...it was just a little jarring to read at first. Here is the link to the review.
On another woodsy note, Donna has done a very funny "Photo Essay" on what fairy tale characters do when they're "dead". Here is the link.
I am on break now in between the first 5 show weekend in the new theatre, about to walk the neglected pug, and trying to think about what I am going to eat. Nothing is really coming to mind.
I met a lovely lady with her child who came to see both My Fair Lady, and today Into the Woods. She came with her 6 year old son, who loved the show, and also had loved MFL. He loved the dancing in it so much that he demonstrated some of the "Little Bit of Luck" dance for me. It was so cute! The lady informed me that she reads this blog, so I want to send a special hello to her and her son, and strongly urge her to put her son into dance classes soon, since he is already so talented!
That is all for today...I think.
Off to pug, dinner, nap, second show, in that order.
Love,
Steve

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Shit,


YOUR GAY!!!!!!!!!

Well Shuck my Corn.

Steve Mcwilliams

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Right...
whatever...
Thanks, Steve

Googla Monster said...

I have been googling reviews of Into the Woods. At first I was a little shocked that the subjects named in the review were described in such a way. Maybe that is standard practice for the Blade? Anyway, Stephen, I very much enjoyed your performance as Jack in Into the Woods.
-Googla

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Thanks, Googla...yeah that is standard practice for the Blade...I mean, when my partner, Matt was profiled in Metro Weekly for his musical, Nevermore, he talked about his partner, me...and the Metro Weekly is another gay publication so...also I am totally out on my blog, I should not be surprised or anything, and I am NOT saying that I mind, it was just weird at first to read for the first time in print. That's all.
Thanks though, Googla.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such nice words and for your suggestion!!

My son has taken one tap class, but says he isn't interested in more right now. He does want to take at least one performing arts class again this summer, and it will probably include at least some dance, so that's good for now. I'm very happy to encourage him and provide opportunities, but not to push him (not that you were suggesting that). As he gets older and can try out for some roles in the local children's theater, he may want more dance classes and I'll offer them again.