Sunday, July 08, 2007

Off to rehearsal...


I am off to rehearsal for my cabaret, "Use What You Got". I have been rehearsing by myself most of the day, but am meeting Jenny Cartney after Witches is over and running through the tunes and duets.
I will say this...I frequently make mix cd's for people, and have a pretty good knack at it. This cabaret is a good mixed cd in itself. I should have called the damn show "mix tape". Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20. I understand that I am if not the highest in ticket sales of all the cabarets, at least a close second! That is cool, and nice to know that Signature regulars are coming out to support me. I talked on the phone to Donna Migliaccio today, who had just ordered her own ticket. (god bless her).
Tonight I have been concentrating on 2 songs in particular: "Tear Jerk" from I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change , and "Franklin Sheperd Inc." from Merrily We Roll Along. These two are pretty wordy patter songs, and you really have to chew your words carefully. It is surely a challenge.
What I really love about this mix of songs is that there is something for everyone. Pop, rock, Sondheim (4 Sondheim songs, actually), and even an oldie. I hope to see you there, and I will post more on my rehearsal tomorrow morning.
For tickets, call 703-820-9771.G'night,
SGS

No comments: