Monday, November 14, 2005

Cyndi-Unplugged


Just bought the best damn CD...Cyndi Lauper's The Body acoustic.
It is basically a collection of greatest hits, redone acoustically. Time after Time is particularly heartbreaking..And believe it or not, She-Bop, (Yes, the song about compulsive masturbation), is done slower and just with a sultry guitar...SO damn sexy..."I've been looking for a new sensation, I'm picking up a good vibration..." ...wowsers. It made me sweat...
All Through the Night, which has always been one of my favorites, is redone with Shaggy lending some rap support...although it really isn't needed...The song is such a hopeful and gorgeous song as it is.
Sarah McLachlin is also featured several times on this CD...most notably on Time After Time, which she duets with Cyndi on. What a strange, yet sublime mixing of voices.
Well...this CD has been on repeat since I got off work, which was surprisingly early today.

I'm gonna chill this evening, reviewing Damn Yankees shiznit, and stretching my tired body.
I am proud to admit that I haven't put up one single Christmas decoration yet. Kind of.
Well, ok, my lights are up in the back yard...but that is it. Unless I get bored tonight.
Must try to resist....*grunt*...so hard...the Christmas Martha Stewart issue arrived in the mail....the witch is tempting me..."It won't be that hard...just get some pinecones and wire and you have a centerpiece..." *ARRGGGH* I must hide the issue...for at least one more week.
I hope....temptation is a very powerful thing. Martha is evil.
:)
Till later...
Red signing off

1 comment:

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Friend!
I hope you enjoy it!!!
:)