Thursday, November 10, 2005

Damn...

OK....almost 4 days in. (to the rehearsal process for Damn Yankees at Arena)
Cast is amazing. MANY familiar faces and friends...
We start choreography for Shoeless Joe tomorrow AM. I am ready for an ass-whooping.
I am actually VERY excited.
I have not truly danced for awhile. I danced in Pacific Overtures this past summer, but that was more just stylized movement. I have not danced in quite awhile.
The last real dancing that I have done would have been Footloose at Toby's, or Street Scene at Wolf Trap. And, of course, Damn Yankees at Toby's. All 3 of those were ass kickers for me, and I loved it.
I have never been the best technical dancer, but I LOVE dancing. It is the utter most passionate expression of emotion one can perform.
I look forward to tomorrow, I embrace it, I fear not. Just because I haven't done it seriously in quite a bit of time, does not mean that I have forgotten how. Hello-I had to do it quite a bit to get into this show! Clearly, I did something right at the audition.
Also went on a bit of a shopping spree....
*sigh*
I love having money....
:)

5 comments:

The Follow Spot said...

Cool - So who is in the cast? I have not seen any cast list published on any sites.

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

MMM...Meg Gillentine as Lola, Matt Bogart as Joe, lots of familiar DC faces like J Fred Shiffman, Larry Redmond, Stevie Cupo, Tracy Olivera, Diego Prieto, John Leslie Wolfe, Harry Winter, Steve Schmidt, Chris Bloch, and Brad Oscar is the devil. He is fabulous.

Tracy said...

I think vomiting is the uttermost expression of emotion a person can perform...but that's just me.

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Are we channeling Karen Carpenter?
Actually, I think that paint by numbers is the greatest emotional of expressions...
Tracy, you shoulda been at the Mead's...it was fun.

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Thanks, Aunt Trish! Thatwas so much fun. I think I must have been the youngest Bobby Child ever...
Bobby Child really WAS a child!