Friday, February 03, 2006

Helen Hayes Predictions...


Here we go...HH noms go out on Tuesday...a month earlier than usual...
What are my predictions??
Hmmm.. Here are some thoughts...just thoughts, mind you...only based on what few shows I have seen.
I think that this will be the year of Urinetown and Take Me Out.
I think that Damn Yankees will get a nod or two...Pacific may get a nod for Direction.
This will be the year of Will Gartshore...for Frog and Toad...or Pacific..or Urinetown...
He has done such great work this year, it is hard to tell..
Probably Urinetown.
Look out DC men...he is clearly the Clidesdale out for the trophy this year...
Maybe a Donna Mig nom for Pacific...
Erin Driscoll for Urinetown...clearly.
Jenna Sokolowski...clearly. (Urinetown)
Donna again for Pennywise (Urinetown).
Meg Gillentine, Matt Bogart and Brad Oscar for Damn....I would love to see Cindy Marchionda for Supporting for Damn. Stephen F. Schmidt for Urinetown.
Choreo for Damn....Choreo from Dracula at Synetic. Choreo for Urinetown...(will win in my polls)
Tracy Olivera for The Last Five Years.
Me as Geisha/10 year old Japanese boy in Pacific...just kidding.
Felicia Curry for Aida at Toby's...
Fallen From Proust or Columbinus as Charles MacArthur...
Rick for Take Me Out.
Jon Kalbfleisch for Pacific Overtures.
Best Musical looks like this to me....Urinetown, Frog and Toad, Damn Yankees, Aida, Pacific Overtures....maybe Once on theis Island...

My thoughts...What are yours?

4 comments:

Q 5 Go said...

So I've been thinking about it alot... my thoughts are posted in my blog. Take a look and let me know what you think.

http://q5go.blogspot.com

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Thanks, Jess...you totally reminded me of some major oversights...Last 5, Island and Columbinus...
I sometimes forget what is what.

Anonymous said...

Let's also not forget Big River...that was a pretty big deal as well. Just so long ago, who remembers. I'm hoping the Goat gets a few nods for something - really the most outstanding play I've seen at Arena in my four years there.

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Right, right...
Big River, of course...
SideMan...
Amy McWilliams...
I have no memory.
So embarassing.