Friday, February 17, 2006

The Week in Review...



Wow. Sorry it's been so long! I really have been a busy man of late...
Well, I was house sitting for a client this past weekend, and their GINORMOUS Great Danes! (Pictured here).
It was a snowy weekend, as you all know, and to tell the truth, I really just wanted to be snowed in at my own home. But, alas, I was not.
I got to read a little...which is unheard of for me. No, I am not an idiot, but it is a time factor. I can watch TV or DVDs because I can muliti-task while they are on. Reading takes total concentration...and this ADHD boy has issues with that kind of devotion.
I did get to read what I consider to be a whole bunch. 46 pages. Ok, before you start making fun of me, you must understand...there were 2 huge Great Danes running around, and that is one thing...the other is this.
Whenever I read, bacause my mind is like in warp drive all the time, I have to re-read paragraphs to make sure I was paying attention.
Ok, I am sounding a little bit like an idiot at this point to you...but it is true.
And no, it is NOT the Red Bull giving me the hyperactivity and lack of attention span. I have given Red Bull up. It's been a week.
Stop laughing.
The book is fantastic so far...no high and lofty prose, but something right up my alley.
The rest of the week has been about friends visiting, which has been lovely.
R. Scott Thompson is in from California to visit and see Nevermore, and so is Lynn Filusch...(previously featured in On The Heels Of...)
It has been great to see them both and let Lynn's dog and my own buddy boy have some playtime...they are so adorable.

I have heard from my baby girl, Eleasha Gamble. She is deep in rehearsals for Hair at the Perserverance Theatre. Yes, she is loving Alaska. She says that it is gorgeous, of course. She made me laugh when she told me...
"Your people are crazy..there are about 10 people skating out here on this lake...don't they watch movies?? Don't they know what happens every time?? White people ar crazy...you would never catch me out there on that ice..."
And the subject of white people and black people led us to the Olympics...
How about all of the falls this year? Seems like every night I tune in to see somebody falling out of a luge, or on the ice, or somewhere. They must make the ice slicker in Torino, I guess..
I talked with Parker today, and he is well. All seems to be going great with the production of The Wizard of Oz that his wife, Maria is directing at their son's school. He sends his love along.
Ok...that has been the week in review. I'll check in this weekend with more.
Sleep tight.
love,
SGS

No comments: