Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Recovering

(PHOTO: Us watching the game backstage during the show)
Me and the husband spent the evening with J. Fred Shiffman at his abode, down the street from us.
The evening intended to be an occasion for us to watch A Very Long Engagement. Instead, we just sat around and talked for the whole evening.
It was very healing for me. It reminded me that I now had the option to have a social life for awhile till Assassins starts.
How were the cigarettes today?
Hmmm...well...less than a full pack....but approaching it.
Not bad for a pack and a half a day smoker.
Baby steps.
So sad that Damn Yankees is over...but...new projects leer on the horizon. New goals are being set by yours truly.
I have week of my dear Eleasha before she leaves us for Alaska... but what a great spring awaits after 9 weeks...a fantastic Sondheim show with my husband by my side, Parker will be back for Mame, Kevin Burrows will be here in Spamalot, Eleasha will be back...Craig D'Amico will be through visiting, as will Kim Shriver...
I will be playing a sizeable role for the first time since One Red Flower...I look forward to the challenge and the work. And a priceless 10 minute scene between me and Will Gartshore. One of the best scenes in musical theatre....I look forward to that...and being with my dear Donna Mig again...who has closed her Dino musical in Philly, and is back to her devoted in DC. She gives you one HELL of a Sarah Jane Moore. Look out.
On a sad note, The Woman in White, who my dear friend, Sean "the tool" MacLaughlin was in, is closing on February 19th. So sad. I feel for him.
Well, that is the drunk o'clock update from your proud lil' Steelers fan, who couldn't have been happier last night as we watched backstage during closing.
My mood will improve as the week goes on, I swear.
:)
Luv,
SGS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stevie!

This blog is GREAT! I did a quick scroll through and it's fantastic to read this while hearing your voice in my head! It's comforting actually...

loving you...

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Love you, Rayanne..
Thanks...
Miss you.
SGS

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Miss you too, Big brother.
:)
luv,
SGS