Sunday, October 05, 2008

NYC - Bright Lights - Matt Conner's Music Honored in NYC.


Last weekend was the "Bright Lights" concert at the Triad Theatre in NYC. My husband, Matt Conner was chosen by the Dreamlight Theatre Company in NYC to represent DC as a composer. He was given a slot in their new works concert that featured new work by composers from Philly and Chicago (and DC).
I was so proud that he was given this honor and chance to show his music in NYC for the first time! I was more proud that he chose to honor several of his "B" cast singers who work with him while he is developing a song, when he had the option of using only New York singers. He did use ONE New York singer...Kathy Voytko, who went to Shenandoah University with Matt (before I got there). She sang "Boston" from Sleepy Hollow".
But here I am Getting before hand.
We drove into NYC Sunday afternoon, with Kurt Boehm being the gracious driver of the weekend...







I had not been to NYC in 3 years, and everytime I see the city, it takes my breath away...








We arrived and made our way to the Triad Theatre, which we found was on the second floor above a Turkish restaurant...









When we got inside, we rehearsed our set of songs...
First up was Priscilla Cuellar singing "Runaway" from Matt's upcoming song cycle "Partial Eclipse"...










Next up is Kurt Boehm singing "Purple Sky", also from "Partial Eclipse"...









Next up is Kathy singing "Boston" from Sleepy Hollow...













Finally, I close the concert with "Dreamland" from Nevermore. Mike Meija kindly shot these photos...






Here we are after happily ending the concert...




More tomorrow....stay tuned!

No comments: