Monday, February 25, 2008

i'm still here...


Sorry I have not posted that much, but I have been really busy with Spiderwoman rehearsals, and my ass is thoroughly being kicked. Still here though, thankfully enjoying a day off to rest and regroup. This is my first total day off in three weeks. I forgot how nice it could be. Not that I have been sitting around all day, however. I took Buddha ( who has a new blog post that you can read HERE) to the park for a nice little romp, then brought him home and gave him a bath. I am currently in the "catch up" mode of trying to do laundry, dishes,etc. I am taking a breather from that as I write this.
I plan on making my March Candles tonight, and am in prep for that. I know what design I want them to be, but I am honing details in my head of how I want it to smell, proportion of color, and so on. So I will start that in a little bit.




I am very happy that Marion Cotillard won the Best Actress for La Vie En Rose, which was one of my favorite movies of the past year, and one of my favorite performances on film to this date. If you have not yet seen the film, you should rent it as soon as you get a chance.

What else? Oh yeah, I just watched 30 Days of Night, the vampire horror film that came out last fall, and I was blown away. It now sits in my top 10 favorite horror films of all time. The art direction of the film is stunning, and many of the shots look like they could be framed works of art. That's not to say that it still isn't gory. It is very gory, but not in excess. The film is a very mature horror film that actually has fantastic character development in the script, and wonderful actors as well. If you can stand some fake gore, I would strongly recommend this film. I can't stop thinking or talking about it.




Ok, that's me for right now. I will try to post a little more this coming week, but it will mainly be in the evenings.
Till then,
SGS

No comments: