Thursday, July 12, 2012

Stormy Weather - Part 2

After yesterday's let up in the rain, we got in plenty of pool time, and were tired out by the night.
 However, this morning I woke at 6AM to use the restroom, and decided to check the radar, since the rain was pouring down again, and it looked very ominous outside my bedroom door...
 I pulled up Weather.com and saw this "Special Weather Statement" for my area...
Issued by The National Weather Service
Newport, NC
7:34 am EDT, Thu., Jul. 12, 2012
... SHOWERS CONTINUE TO DEVELOP OVER THE PAMLICO SOUND AND ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS...
AT 726 AM EDT... NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED SCATTERED SHOWERS FORMING OVER THE EASTERN PAMLICO SOUND. A WATERSPOUT WAS REPORTED EARLIER WITH ONE OF THE SHOWERS AND MARINERS SHOULD REMAIN ALERT FOR ADDITIONAL WATERSPOUTS.
IF A WATERSPOUT IS SPOTTED NAVIGATE AWAY FROM IT AND SEEK SAFE HARBOR.

Well, after the local weather from the night before, and being the weather geek that I am, I freaked out, woke the husband and dog and went upstairs to try to see the storm come in. I was monitoring radar, and Matt was watching the weather channel, and Buddha was just confused as to whether I was going to walk him, or give him  cookie. When he determined neither was happening, he pouted on the kitchen rug. After about 20 minutes, the storm passed, and no, no waterspouts came near us.

So I made an English muffin, apologized to Matt for being a weather worry wart as always, and we went back to bed. While the rain continued on for hours more, I am happy to show you that my current view from my bedroom door looks far more promising than it did earlier.
Ok, it's up and at 'em time! xoxoSGS

No comments: