Tuesday, June 04, 2013

The past 4 months...in review



Like...whoa.  It's been four months since I have been on here. Why? That's an easy one...wedding planning.
Yes, my last entry was in February, which was the month that Matthew and I picked our theme, and hit the ground running, building a carnival out of things found around our house. All of that is finally done, and we are 6 days till wedding as I sit and type this from the Outer Banks, where we are on vacation before the madness that will be Monday, June 10th. So...what else has happened in the past four months?
1) Thunder Knocking on the Door...
 I had the honor of directing one of my favorite shows of all time at Creative Cauldron this past Spring. The show starred RaMond Thomas (my Ben from NOTLD at KAT), Shayla Simmons, Iyona Blake, Malcolm Lee, and Michael Mainwaring. It got fantastic reviews, and sold very well. It was such a joy to reconnect with this score, after falling in love with it fifteen years ago at Arena Stage.
My cast was amazing, and it was a complete joy to work with each and every one of them. This show also marked the thrid show that I have directed this past year.  I find that I am liking that more and more, and hope that I can continue directing more in the future.

2) My Fair Lady in Concert at the Kennedy Center


I was lucky enough to be involved in The Kennedy Center's Spring Gala, which this year was a production of My Fair Lady in Concert. The cast included Gregory Jbara, Michael York, Laura Michelle Kelly, Cloris Leachman, and Jonathan Pryce, and was Music Directed by James Moore, and Directed by Marcia Milgrom Dodge.  The orchestra was somewhere around 34 pieces.  It was truly sublime.  Having the honor to meet, be in the room with, talk with, and watch these amazing talents was something that I will never forget. 
 James Moore conducts The Kennedy Center Opera Orchestra, as Jonathan Pryce sings "I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face."

                Cloris Leachman and Laura Michelle Kelly as Mrs. Higgins and Eliza Doolittle.

3) The Wedding
While I won't post pictures of all the wedding arts and crafts that we have been working on, I will post a few photos from the actual legal wedding in DC, which took place at the Capital Yacht Club, on board the Lady Elizabeth. It was an absolutely perfect day, and I am so happy to say that Matthew Conner and I are legally married!!!



So this week I will do like I did last year, and give you some beach updates through the week. As I finally have some time to breathe this week, and leading up to our wedding ceremony on June 10th, we can officially say that the blog has come out of hibernation. For all three of you who might care.
xoxoSGS


No comments: