Sunday, June 11, 2006

CONNECT...CONNECT...CONNECT


Friday night, after the evening performance of Assassins, Matt and I went out to the local watering hole, Cap City. Joining us were some members of Assassins...
and also, joining us a little later, as we go 2 hours with no intermission, were Parker Esse, Michael Forrest, and Harry Winter from the cast of Mame, and Kevin Burrows from the cast of Spamalot...it was a mini Damn Yankees reunion, as I, Michael, Parker, Harry, and Kevin were all in that show together.
It was good to see them all, and made me laugh at how cast shatter apart after a closing, and then sometimes drift together again...sometimes by association with a show, sometimes by closeness of location.
The stars were just aligned in the right way that Spamalot's tour was here at the same time Parker was here doing Mame, and we all could get together. Strange and wonderful.

As the night ended, I got a little sad to say good nights, as I knew that this would probably be the only get together we would have...Everyone's schedules are always so busy and everyone is always so tired, you know. You want to get together, you say you want to get together, but actually doing so is always such an effort...and then when you get there, you are so happy that you did it.
One of our best friends, Marcus Davis is down at Shenandoah Conservatory doing a production of Cats as we speak. It is about an hour and fifteen minutes away, and I doubt if I will see him...yet hope I do.
Now, I'm in no way trying to blame lack of getting together on others...I am as much to blame, if not more.
I am a little nuts, you see. Being a Cancer, I am the ultimate homebody. I don't like to venture outside of my shell too much. I get comfortable in my own little zones, and don't venture too far from those limits. I am just stuck in my ways.
I have my dog at home, and I am a horrible driver. These things combined make me prefer to stay within a relatively confined radius. Sad, but rather true. My Aunt Val lives about 30 minutes South of here, and I can count on my one hand the amount of times that I have visited her in the past 6 years.
Tonight, actually, there is a birthday party for my dear friend, Tracy Lynn Olivera. The party is up near Colesville Rd.
I love her dearly.
*sigh*
I can't, after a 2 show day, drive up there and be worth anything. It makes me sad. But I wish Tracy, who was, PS, the bloggerist who Bloggerized my first several posts on this website...(see here).
So Happy Birthday, Tracy...wish you were here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Trace!
Miss/Love,
Fred the Shiff

Tracy said...

don't sweat it. this means i get a freebie, though....

oh, and unkie fred, for some reason, i don't have your freaking email, or your number in my new partyphone, so i totally didn't invite you to the party, but not on purpose....i suck. I totally don't deserve those cha-cha heels.