Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Sh*t I Like Right Now-June 06

Ok, I have been in to so many different things recently, that I thought I would throw them all up here, instead of doing 20 different "My Favorite..." posts.
Ok? Deal.

Books...
The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks has been a long time read for me, but I have been re-reading it recently, just to brush up on my readiness, you know-in case the Zombie plague should happen this summer.


Several Different Calvin and Hobbes compilations by Bill Watterson...
I never have gotten over my love affair with these two. Nothing captures the whimsy of Summer more to me than some of these drawings. An essential for the kid at heart.

Rise of the Midnight Sons....a Graphic Novel by Marvel Comics...
I read this crossover saga growing up, and loved it. It involves Dr. Strange, Morbius, Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze, Blade, and others fighting against Lillith, who is coming back from hell to have her children reborn. Heavy stuff. I loved the darkness of the saga, and the supernatural topic of Lillith. I recently purchased this on Amazon, and poured through it in a day. Loved it.

Desperation by Stephen King...
I want to revisit this novel, and am about 70 pages in. I read it years ago, and want to read it before I FINALLY watch the movie, that is still awaiting my viewing on Ryan's Tivo thingie...

Music...

Barely much music on the list, because I haven't bought much new...except for this...
Sunday in the Park with George-New London Cast Recording.Hmmm.....I do like it, but. Hmmm. I'm such a purist. I always love the origional Cast Recordings so much better. It's ok, I guess. But that's it. Ok.

Movies...

The Shape of Things...
I have never seen or read the play,(by Neil Labute...sp?) nor seen the film until yesterday morning. Wow. I was blown away. It was like Closer meets Cruel Intentions, but still colder. The twist at the end knocked me on my ass. Great film.


The Hills Have Eyes-Unrated...
My first Birthday gift from Matt so far. I was NOT dissapointed. This is the first remake of a 70's horror film that I like. In fact, I like it better than the original. Much more charachter and situation development. Gory as hell, but a well done film.

SO, that's this month's "Sh*t I Like Right Now" list. I did have images to go with every one of these things, but Blogger is ONCE AGAIN not letting me upload. *sigh* More later.
Luv,
SGS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Shape of Things fantastic? I saw the premier of the movie at Sundance a few moons back....such a great cast and a good twist too! Happy pre-birthday, so it seems???

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

LOVED The SHape of things.
Thanks, Anthony!

Anonymous said...

MESSAGE