Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Bad...

So,I have been watching MANY horror movies to get inspired by the season.
I frequently get recommendations like, "Oh, you'll LOVE this movie, I know you..." which is so embarrassing when you watch the film and think..."what do you think of me?"
I had 2 experiences like that today.
I had these recommendations..."Cemetery Man" and "Hellbent".
A big BOOO to both. Awful stinkers.
CEMETERY MAN






An awful plot about...well, what is it about? Hard to tell at times. A cemetery keeper who falls in love at a moment's notice, and who is re-killing the recently buried, who seem to rise after one week's burial.
Good things about this film:
Rupert Everett, half clothed, being a good sport in a bad script. The zombie boy scout troop. Funny.
Bad things:
Everything else.
Skip it. It is dreadful.

HELLBENT


A gay slasher flick. Why should I not love this? Instead of seeing straight sex scenes, and lots of bare female breast, I get to see gay guys getting it on and plenty of...nothing.
The film offended me with it's stereotypes.
I felt like the gay people were getting killed because they were gay. I know this is an irrational thought, but with SO many hate crimes in our world, it offended me.
But then again, I don't like many gay films for this reason...what is portrayed as gay life is usually not how it is.
Skip these films.

No comments: