Monday, October 09, 2006

Sh*t I Like Right Now-October 06

(PHOTO BY CAROL PRATT...of Ascot Gavotte from My Fair Lady at Signature Theatre...that's me in the middle)
What a long weekend.
Rent the movie is playing on the TV as I type this. The tragedy of it all is that the remote is all the way over on the other side of the room, and I have this laptop on my lap. top. What an awful movie. Ugh.
So, yeah...my weekend.
5 shows of MFL....what an ass kicker! My legs are dead. My knee is really bad by the end of Sunday night's show...but by Tuesday, I am ok.
Sally Murphy came back to the show by Saturday night's performance, and she is feeling much better. It is nice to have her back with us, and I am so glad that her health is better. The shows all went great all weekend.
I got the news on Friday night that contrary to my previous announcement that Wednesday, Buddha's sister would be arriving soon, she would indeed, not be joining our family.
The breeder decided that she just couldn't part with her. I am sad about this, but I understand. So....we will just have to shop around for a good breeder of pugs in the area. I have no specific timeline for this. Maybe in the Spring, maybe next year.
In other news, I am reading The Ruins a second time, just because it is so damn good. If you have not read it, what are you waiting for?
I also got the chance to listen to Grey Gardens, the musical. I will say that I did love it very much. I have only listened once, but after first listen, I can recommend track 21 and 22, "Around the World-Reprise", and "Another Winter in a Summer Town". They broke my heart.
I just watched 2 fascinating documentaries....One is called "Stevie", and is about ...well...rent it, it's hard to describe.

The other is called "Guerilla: The Taking of Patty Hearst". I was too young to remember any of that happening, so I was amazed by it all.
I highly recommend both.
So, there you have it...my picks for the month.
I plan on blogging all evening to catch up a bit on things, since it is my day off.
Thanks to you all for reading every day.
Talk later
Luv,
SGS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve-
I got a chance to catch the show on Sunday night and it was incredible. I had never seen MFL before and the acting, singing, staging, everyingthing was incredible. Sorry I couldn't stay and say hi, I had my inlaws and grandmother with me and had to get her home. Say hi to everyone for me and let them all know, as I am sure they already know, that they are doing an incredible job and keep up the great work. Also, I am sorry Sally was out, but I love Brianne, I am sure she was incredible. Take care buddy-Jordan Price

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Thanks, Jordan! I'm glad you enjoyed it!