Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ghost Story


Tonight was the 142nd anniversary of John Wilkes Booth's awful deed at Ford's Theatre.
I felt weirdly priveledged to be there on the night. There was a definite presence there.
Connell's milk bottle flew from the table to the stage. I don't really think either one of us touched it. An actress saw a chair move by itself last night.
At 10:13 PM, the girls were locked into their dressing room. While they have had problems with this door in the past, they had been locked out of their dresing rooms, but never locked in.
At 10:15 PM, there was a toast on stage...3 of us heard the sound of something falling from stage left. I wanted to leave after that.
I had seen enough. I know that the Ford's that stands today is not the origional building and all, but it is the original physical space. I also know that John did not die there, but I don't know...things were very wierd.


Something was there tonight.
Believe me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coooooool.......!!! Thanks for sharing THAT!!

Debi said...

Hello friend!
Christoper is writing a journal about John Wilkes Booth through his eyes for school. He has hated every minute of it. He ended the book with " I have learned a lot, but most of it I didn't want to know."
I thought an interesting fact was that John Wilkes Booth was an actor at Ford's theatre and President Lincoln saw him in The Marble Heart, during the play John Wilkes Booth shook his finger and directed his lines of revenge right in Lincolns face. Lincoln wanted to meet Booth after the show but Booth declined. Crazy man! Miss you friend! Call me! Debi