Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thank You


This came in from my Mom and Dad and I thought that I would pass it along to all of you who read this blog and have extended your prayers and positive thoughts to Rusty and my family.

"To all of our family & friends,Roger and I want the thank you for all of your prayers and concerns for Rusty these past months. Today, seven months to the date that we found out about his tumor, he lost his valiant fight. As sad as we are we know he is once again running in the green fields. He's chasing balls & bunnies & rolling in the grass. He is free from pain and hunger.He has been such a blessing in our life & he touched so many lives. He had the sweetest, gentlest soul and we will never forget him. Our pain will be measured against ALL of the love we received from him these past 11 years.
We told him just before he slipped away the same thing we told him every night for years,"We Love You Rusty,You're The Bestest Puppy In The Whole Wild World" and he was.
Please remember him in your prayers tonight.
Thank you,Love, Cyndy and Roger"


I again thank all of you for your warm wishes and prayers.
Love,
Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. My mom called me around 4:30 to tell me that they had an appointment to put my dog, Abby down, today at 6:30. We had her for 14 years and she was amazing. I totally understand what you're going through and would like to think that both of our puppies are an an amazing dog park somewhere together.

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Brooke,
They certainly are! I am sorry for your loss.
Love,
Steve