Sunday, November 27, 2005

But it was Saturday night, I guess that makes it alright...

(pictured to the left is Rob)
I had a great evening last night, reuniting with an old college buddy of mine. The last time I saw him was last February, when I was up in NYC...and before that...? It has been quite some time.
My beloved long time friend and roommate, Ryan Dean, Gorgeous ex-Ms. DC, Lisa Ferris, Matty and I went out to the usual digs and had some drinks with him.
It is so funny how there are certain friends that you can go without seeing for YEARS and pick up the page with no hesitation, and like you just saw them yesterday.
I think that is the sign of a real friendship...
I used to go over to Rob's (that's this friend's name) room in college and play Playstation with him and several other guys that were always referred to as "The Boys". I was the token gay one.
We would play for hours, drinking Busch beer and 50's rock-a-billy CD's screamed in the background....(think "Peggy Sue", and "Tears on My Pillow"...that kind of fare).
We played this ....oh Christ. I am such a geek...ok...I'll continue...
We played this game a lot that was called "Star Wars-Masters of Teras Kasi".
This game is basically a VS. kinda game, in which you pick a character and fight it out with another player. I always pick Luke or Darth Vader, simply because I know their power moves.
Most of the evening after the bar was spent looking at this...
I bought an old school Playstation 1 a few years back for this nostalgia's sake. I bought all the games I used to play with the boys, plus some new ones...Rob was so happy to find out that I had both the playstation and the game waiting at home...
We played this game, Ryan, Rob, and I for hours...then Ryan went to bed like a sane person would do...but Rob and I stayed up FAR too late playing the game...it was like we were reclaiming our childhood.
Lisa remarked..."Ok, I feel like you guys have regressed past puberty..."
For a short while, we did.
It was exhilarating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ever played a board game called Star Wars Epic Duels?