Monday, January 02, 2006

Say What?


I had to pass this on, it made me laugh too much!
So, in the top of Act 2, all of the ball players do the number, "The Game".
I have no idea why this is, but there have been SO many lyric screw ups this past 2 weeks that I can barely get thru the fucker without biting my tongue trying not to laugh.
Now...I will NOT name the actors who have botched lyrics, because that would not be very fair on my part...
...
But I will say what the lyrics are in fact, and what was said...

..."When you're losing at Craps ..." (actual)
..."When y...%^!@!#$%b Craps!..."(what came out)

..."When a girl gives you the eye, remember...abstain!" (actual)
..."When you....kiss...kiss...kiss...kiss,remember...abstain!" (what came out)

..."Boy her perfume sure did smell sweet, got her up to my hotel suite"
(actual)
..."Got her up to my hotel suite...boy...she was sweet!" (what came out)

..."Though my heart said, 'stay for tea', all I said was 'Pardon Me!' "...
(actual)
..."Though my............all I said was PARDON ME!" (what came out)

*sigh*
You probably don't care, and I'm sure it doesn't tickle you like it does me, but I had to pass it along...
I am so weak when it comes to laughter on stage...and "The Game" is really the hardest thing to get through now...what is worse, is that we are supposed to be angry during the first part of the scene, then determined, then concentrated...all sentiments that don't exactly go well with a stifled smirk... Such a professional.
:)
SGS

5 comments:

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

I know, friend...spin and grin....snap and clap.
:)

Q 5 Go said...

"When I return... when we all hold ourselves together..."

Good Times

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

HAHA!
A Josh Davis frequent fuck up from One Red Flower!
How rare...?!
Here's another...
"No offense to King, but death's a different thing, when you're trying to save a man in hell..."

Q 5 Go said...

I was trying so hard to remember that one!!

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

God...how could I ever forget...
How about,
"My town, Vietnam..."
instead of "I chose Vietnam"
Brilliance. Utter brilliance.