Saturday, February 25, 2006

My dog ate my glasses.


True. About 3 weeks ago I had done something to piss him off, obviously, and he turned that hurt or scorned feeling into destruction. Very vengeful, pugs.
I have no idea what I did. Maybe I just wasn't doing enough for him...maybe he just was bored. Dunno.

You see, he hardly ever is destructive at all. Well, at least not to our possessions or affects. He has myriad of toys to chose from, and daily batters them all with glee. Every once in awhile, he just gets a wild hair to do some property destruction.
Perhaps I should stop leaving horror films on for him when I leave the house...
So I have been putting off getting a new pair. Why? Because...A) I can't afford it, and B) I can't afford it.
I was telling this boo-hoo canine/myopia tale to Amy McWilliams at "The Office" the other night. She asked me why I just didn't get some through my health insurance.

Duh.

Having never had health coverage prior to joining Actor's Equity, I still forget that I have it. I actually have never used it...but then again, I hardly ever get sick, so why would I? But for stuff like this...wow...totally forgot that I was covered for vision.
Thanks, Amy. ;)
So I went to Eye Site...(no kidding, that's the name), on Columbia Pike and got a brand new pair. *sigh* The joys of having grown up people insurance.
Now I usually opt for the punk/geek/Buddy Holly/Night of the Living Deadish black plastic kind...mainly because I am allergic to metal. Also because they make me feel geek chic, and I love it. There weren't so many cool pairs of those at Eye Site, though...so I opted for a thin bronze titanium pair. The titanium is non allergenic to my skin, so I had no prob with it.

They gave me a groovy case that I don't think even the likes of Buddha the Wonder Pug will be able to crack. I hope.
But this much is true, constant reader...
Keep your glasses on high surfaces, and your dog content.

luv,
SGS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.