Monday, May 28, 2007

Crafty Bastards...50's decor


So, how do you take an ordinary table and make it fabulous?
Well, the 50's are back this summer, and the 50's pastels are in for sure.













So here is the plan...get some black and white contact paper from the drug store.








I painted the whole thing this 50's teal.















I applied the contact paper to the top of the desk, cutting off the excess with my razor.











The devil is in the details...I painted the handles a darker hunter green, and put the same black and white contact paper in the drawers.












I added highlights to the front face of the desk by cutting spaced to fit addendum panels...
















I also spray painted the runner boards of the desk the same Hunter Green that I painted the handles of the desk.












Here is the finished 50's desk. I am glad to have shared the process.

No comments: