Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Crafty Bastards...lawn chairs and pictures...


Give your old plastic lawn furniture a lift by painting it a new color as I did tonight. The new hot color of Green Apple. Here I split difference by painting two old chairs white and two green apple.
Here is an example of the reformed product...












I also had an old picture that I hated, so I painted the background of it my new favorite Green Apple, then took an old poster to task...
Give an old poster new life this way.. cut it out and use spray adhesive against a pop color background.









New chairs and a new wall hanging piece of art that you created...what could be better for a Monday night?

2 comments:

mrsmig said...

I'm intrigued by the painting of the chairs, as I have several chairs just like yours that are in good shape but are stained. What kind of paint did you use?

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Donna...Yes, I should have said in the initial posting what brand of paint that I used. I used Rust-Oleum's American Accents brand, which I picked up at AC Moore's craft store in Bailey's Crossroads. You can read more about the different shades available at www.rustoleum.com
I have tried painting lawn furniture before and it never worked, but I think that the difference is that these chairs were not glossy plastic, but a flat plastic, so they took the paint better. It really did the trick, and I have sat in the chairs ever since painting, and promise you that none has come off on my backside!
:)