Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Sweet Summer Evenings...


Well, as a man of leisure (unemployed actor) I have been enjoying my free evenings. Seldom do I get to experience an evening without having to do a show in the middle of it. Do I miss this? Extremely. Are there good things about not doing a show? Absolutely.


I have been crafting away at my house and backyard, accomplishing projects that were just apples in my eye for months and months, now brought to fruition due to an abundance of free time to carry them out.
I have also been spending some time in my outdoor lounge...by some time I mean lots of time.


As the pavement is made of a conglomerate of pebble and concrete, it is not the most comfortable surface for my beloved son, Buddha to lay on. I was in the market for an outdoor rug for him to lay on, but all of them seem to be around $75! I went to World Market and found a "beach mat" made of bamboo for $10! It is a steal, as it was not really big, but just the right size for the pug-a-lug to lay on, and makes an attractive accent to the "outdoor room" color scheme...(green apple).







Also, this addendum to the lounge...My boss's husband gave me this chaise for the back yard. It was his mother's, who passed away. I added a throw blanket and some pillows. This amazing thing is my new throne. I love it.




So here I have spent my evening after work and house chores...feet up and watching the classic film, Alien. A little slice of heaven under the stars.

Enjoy your summer nights while they are here...
Luv,
SGS

No comments: