Friday, June 22, 2007

SGS land-Late June

Well, I am on the eve of the Ford's Presidential Gala weekend. The Herald Standard (Uniontown's Newspaper) did a little story on me performing in it. Cute. (Not crazy over the picture, however). It is really gonna be a cool weekend. Updates next week on that end.
My Must see movie of the...well...not weekend, as I won't have time this weekend, but maybe early next week. Tuesday? Umm...anyway, it is 1408. I just reread the short story, and cannot wait to see how it is adapted. It is truly a hair raising short story.

As for the cabaret, tickets went on sale yesterday, and will sell out soon, so I hear. This is a one night only event, and packed full of great songs, from funny and absurd ("Franklin Shepard INC" from Merrily We Roll Along to "Later" from A Little Night Music) to pop rock ("Almost Paradise" from Footloose and "Can't Take my Eyes off of You" from Jersey Boys).
Get your tickets now before they are gone. (I can't sing this more than one night!)
SHOWS I HAVE SEEN:
Dead Man's Cell Phone-Woolly Mammoth-AMAZINGLY FUNNY
SHOWS I WANT TO SEE:
MACBETH (WSC)-just for curiosity.
SOUVENIR-Sure to be a masterclass in acting with Fred Shiffman and Nancy Robinette
HAMLET-I am interested to see Jeffrey Carlson's take on the hardest role to play in theatre, and I don't care about reviews for this show; as I said, it is the HARDEST role to play in theatre. I want to see his take on the brooding prince. Plus: he's cute.
UPCOMING ANNOUNCEMENTS
I also can announce that no, I will no longer be doing The Phantom Tollbooth at the Kennedy Center, as I had to drop the show due to conflicts with another show that I will be doing all Fall. I am now at liberty to announce what that show will be. I will be doing tick,tick...BOOM! at Metro Stage this fall.


I know that Erin Driscoll will be one of the other 2 cast members, and that Matt Gardiner from Signature will be directing/choreographing and that Steve McWilliams (Hedwig) will be music directing and playing. (ROCKING BAND IS A PROMISE!)
I think that it is weird and ironic that I saw Jonathan Larson's (the character that I am playing in tick) induction into the Library of Congress this past Fall, and that I also met his parents. Now I will be playing him. I am already rehearsing the piano score that I have to play for the show. It promises to be an amazing evening, and as always, more details to follow.
That is all from SGS land for tonight.
Sweet Dreams,
SGS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,

Good to see you are up and blogging. Say hi to Matt for me. Give me a call if you get a chance. I dont have your number any more. The phone with it in it broke about a year ago and I am still not finished restoring the numbers. If you dont have my number let me know and I will give you an email.

Laurie