Friday, June 15, 2007

USE WHAT YOU GOT...a Cabaret featuring Stephen Gregory Smith-July 17th at Signature Theatre



I am doing a cabaret at Signature Theatre on Tuesday, July 17th. For tickets, look over at their cabaret page.
Here is the official press release for it...
USE WHAT YOU GOT
With Stephen Gregory Smith
Stephen Gregory Smith goes through his songbook of past roles and favorite audition songs, exploring three character types that he is frequently called on to play: rock crooner, boy next door, and neurotic mess. This eclectic blend of songs is sure to make you laugh and keep your toes tapping at the same time.
July 17, 2007


I can tell you this much more about it...Jenny Cartney will be my pianist as well as singing some duets with me, also I'll be singing songs from past favorite roles (Jimmy in 110 in the Shade, Billy in One Red Flower, Jack in Into the Woods), and some other favorites from my audition book (Can't Take my Eyes Off of You from Jersey Boys,30/90 and See her Smile from tick,tick...BOOM!, Almost Paradise from Footloose, Later from A Little Night Music). This is all wrapped in the framework of three sections which describe the typical types of character that I usually play. I know....type casting.

It is a great song list, it is one night only, and seats are only 20$ a pop, so come on out and see me!

No comments: