Tuesday, July 24, 2007

At the Movies...


Well, I saw 2 fantastic films this week. First up....HAIRSPRAY.
Cutting right to the million dollar question-Travolta...
Travolta was wonderful, in my opinion. I liked seeing a softer side of Edna Turnblad. I also like the dead on Baltimore accent that had Eleasha in stitches from the first line. The cast is great, the dancing is wonderful, Christopher Walken is fantastically honest in his performance, which was charming. Nikki Blonsky was perfect as Tracy Turnblad. Her voice was much less annoying than the original Tracy on Broadway.
James Marsden was fantastic as Corny Collins(the role that I would like to play someday).
If you have not seen, please do. I was dancing in my seat the whole movie. It is such a fantastic time at the movies.



Then I had the exquisite pleasure of seeing La Vie En Rose. Wow. I was totally blown away. I knew little to nothing about Edith Piaf, and it did not matter. The film has supposedly been criticized for it's jumpy nature, and how it jaunts from time period to time period and is hard to follow. I didn't get that at all, and as I said, I knew nothing of Edith Piaf's life. Marion Cotillard is ...I don't even know what to say about her performance...is it a performance? It is simply breathtaking. She is nothing short of a miracle in the role. You have to go and see this movie...it is amazing.


Those are my two movie picks of the week. And PS-It has been nice to see that the comments are back up on my site for the first time in a long time. I have even made commenting a bit easier again. (It's been long enough, I suppose). So feel free to comment and continue the discussion as you have in the posts below. That's what makes this all so much fun.
More real soon...
SGS

No comments: