Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING GOOD...


Just announced on Signature's website, you will have a second chance to see my cabaret, Use What You Got at Signature's second Open House on Saturday, August 4th! Also, I will be performing with my folk trio, Little River Turnpike a couple of times in the plaza out in front of the theatre. My hubby, Matt Conner will also be teaching a master class in composition on the same day...so here are the times of things that I or my hubby will be involved in:

12:30PM
Little River Turnpike

On the Plaza Stage
Amy McWilliams, Steve McWilliams, and Stephen Gregory Smith join together to sing some of their favorite pop songs.


4:00PM
Use What You Got with Stephen Gregory Smith

In the ARK Theatre
Fresh from his hit performance during Signature’s Sizzlin’ Summer Concert series. Stephen Gregory Smith goes through his songbook of past roles and favorite audition songs, exploring three character types that he is frequently called on to play: rock crooner, boy next door, and neurotic mess. This eclectic blend of songs is sure to make you laugh and keep your toes tapping at the same time.

5:30PM
Master Class in Composition with Matt Conner

In the Shen Rehearsal RoomActor and composer Matt Conner (Nevermore) shares his thoughts on composition and the process of musical development. If you’ve ever wanted to write a musical, take this master class with Conner, a Shenandoah Conservatory graduate.

6:30PM
Little River Turnpike

On the Plaza Stage
See above description.

8:30PM
Signature Sings Broadway in Shirlington

On the Plaza Stage
Welcome back the Open House performers and additional special guests for an exciting closer to the Open House. Featuring music from the upcoming season and some of your favorite Broadway tunes, it’s a concert you just can’t miss!


So, come out and see us if you can! The last Open House was a ton of fun, and there are tons of different things for everyone to do throughout the day, and all for FREE!
For a full schedule of the Open House, click here.
Hope to see you there!
Luv,
SGS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stephen:
I've been a fan of yours since Assassins, and have since had the pleasure of seeing you in ITW, MFL, and MJD. (All of which, you were, of course, wonderful in.) I haven't been in DC the past month or so, but I have been sporadically keeping up with your blog, and I am so glad that I will get the chance to see you perform next weekend! I was bummed to miss out on your caberet, but I will be making next Saturday a day of wonderful Signature Theater adventures! Thanks for keeping us all involved, and break a leg next weekend! Keep on smiling!
~a dc fan