Tuesday, August 19, 2008

more talk of tick,tick?!


Once again I am going to have to thank Joel Markowitz's kind words over at DC Theatre Scene. tick,tick...BOOM! made his list of best musicals of the past year. Here is what he had to say:

"tick, tick… BOOM! (MetroStage)

I’ll never forget Stephen Gregory Smith, Felicia Curry and Matt Pearson’s gorgeous harmonies at MetroStage in Jonathan Larson’s not-so-well-known show. What a pleasure to watch three of our most talented young performers burn up the stage with their energy and gorgeous voices. And what Felicia did with “Come to Your Senses” would have registered a 5 on the Richter Scale. "

Thank you very much, Joel.


Also, DC Theatre Scene is conducting it's second annual Audience Choice Awards, and tick,tick...BOOM! is nominated twice: I am nominated for favorite actor in a musical, and Felicia is nominated as favorite actress in a musical.
Spider Woman is also nominated for best musical.
Go over to their site and VOTE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephen:

After I got the word that my articles were posted, the first thing I did was to watch the video from the MetroStage production and listen to the podcast we recorded at MetroStage. It brought back some great memories and some incredible harmonies. Congrats again! Joel

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Thanks, Joel. I truly appreciate it.