Monday, August 18, 2008

ROOMS @ Metro Stage














I had the opportunity and pleasure to go and see Rooms: A Rock Romance at Metro Stage on Thursday night. I just wanted to add in my silly two cents worth along with the like bajillion critics who said the same: It really is amazing.
Natascia Diaz and Doug Kreeger are showcased so perfectly in this piece. Their talents add and build onto an already great book and score, creating a perfect synergy of a theatrical experience.




Natascia Diaz, who I had the pleasure ( and I cannot stress that word enough) of doing Kiss of the Spider Woman with this past Spring is a force of nature.
When she sings "Bring the Future Faster" I was on the edge of my seat, and i continued to stay there the rest of the entire show. The 90 minute piece flies by and leaves you wanting more, which is a great place to leave you.
This is a comical and moving piece, and as a friend of mine said after watching the show, "He had not been moved by a piece of theatre like that for a long time."
If you have not seen it yet, I strongly urge you to go and see it.
You can find out more information about the show at Metro Stage's website.
CHECK IT OUT!

No comments: