Saturday, May 20, 2006

Faust


Oh yes...Synetic Theatre... the theatre company that makes me feel fat when I watch their shows.
The show was fantastic, as Synetic's shows always are. The look, the feel, the soundtrack, the MOVEMENT...my god.
Now let us talk about the performers...As always, the ensemble of any Synetic show is a strong unit. My body hurts just watching them. They bend and twist themselves in ways that confuse my spine.
Phillip Fletcher, Andrew Zox, and Matthew McGloin-yes, recently Huck Finn at Imagination Stage, all looked luscious and the fight scenes were so smartly executed by them.
Katherine Hill, who had the generosity to help us get tickets today, had her hair braided in dreads, and never looked hotter.
Anna Lane and Dan Istrate's bathtub sex dance is so inventive in it's use of contact. It was so exciting to watch, I cannot shame it with words.
Greg Marzullo as Faust,...first of all...NONE of the men have even 1% body fat. NONE!
They all look amazing. As for the women...well...they all looked hot, but I guess I had my eyes on the guys more. Go figure.
Greg was wonderful, yet again, as always, as was the palpable and captivating Dan Istrate as Mephistopheles.
Words cheapen the show, in all truth.
Irina Tsikurishvili was also haunting as Gretchen. Ugh.
The Direction and choreography are so inventive, and a red cloth suddenly becomes a baby, and a bathtub takes "flight"...imagination always runs wild with Synetic's direction.
And the sex scenes. wow.
Full on tit, folks.
A couple of tits, actually.
Nice ones, too...(thanks Meghan and Katherine).
This weekend is closing weekend at the Rosslyn-Spectrum space, but it will then move on to the Kennedy Center from June 1st through June 18th.
I highly recommend that you see this sexy and stylishly smart piece. Yes, most will be motivated by the flesh...but I tell you...this is more than a skin show...it is breaking the bounds of theatrical convention and discovering something exciting and new. You don't see much theatre like this, folks.


G'night.
Luv,
SGS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»