Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Home again...

Well, I'm back. I started my trek home on Saturday morning, and made amazing time all the way. I fueled up on Red Bull...yes...I have ventured back to that dark vice.
I listened to my Sirius Sattelite radio the whole way. The Howard Stern Show replay made the drive seem like mere minutes, and for that, I was very thankful. So, as lesbians rode the Sybian, I drove through rural parts of Maryland, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania.


I stopped at Sideling Hill for my usual pee-break. Sideling Hill is a geological exhibit. They blasted through this mountain to take Interstate 68 further.
I always love stopping here. The restrooms are clean, and the view is spectacular, and it is the only place I get cell service for awhile.



I got out, went to the bathroom, and called my Mom to let her know that I was at Sideling Hill, which is the 75% way home mark. Only about an hour and a half left after that. Then I walked up the walkway that leads to the cut-through side of the mountain.


I left Sideling Hill and kept on trucking, as Robin Quivers lambasted Howard on his ridiculous germaphobia. I got in all the cigarettes that I could, as I don't smoke in front of my parents. By about the 10th, I was over it.
I passed through Cumberland, MD. This town has about a hundred churches in it, so it is always cool to look at on the drive through.
I got on Historic Route 40, "The National Road", which leads me right home.


I passed Nemacolin Woodlands, which is turning into quite the ritzy resort...actually, Harry Connick Jr. is performing there for the 4th of July!
Home was a quick and rushed thing, since I was only going to be there for about 24 hours. Dad wanted to do this, Mom wanted to do that, then my brother James and his wife, Natalie came over with their baby girl, Tessa. Then Julie-the former best friend that I last blogged about- came with her baby...Aye-Yi-yie!
Then we all watched Walk the Line.
The next day, I had breakfast with Mom and Dad, then 2 hours later we met James, Natalie, and Tessa for lunch (you eat like food will disappear tomorrow in PA), then I was on my way.
Howard Stern kept me company yet again, thankfully. I stopped at Sideling Hill again on the way back, and peed and made my calls. Here is the view looking back the other way...


I got home and Lynn Filusch was here, (she was in town for an audition), and Lynn, Matt, Eleasha, went over to Steve and Amy McWilliams' house for a cookout. On the menu was my favorite treat at their house, Buffalo Burgers!

Cooked by master grill chef, Steve McWilliams. Steve had his XM radio on the 50's channel, and we sang along/bopped to the great music all night long. Fun times...
The rest of the week thus far has been busy with rehearsal and work.
I just wanted to throw down this quick recap to let yinz know that I was still alive.
More to follow.
Luv,
SGS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»