Friday, September 01, 2006

Beach Trip, Part Ten... White Trash Wedding

On Saturday morning of our trip, we witnessed a beach wedding...right in front of our beach site. No area was roped off or anything...all of the sudden, this promenade, sans music started, marching right past people's towels and umbrellas.










Matt made a new beach friend, a 50 something yente who Eleasha dubbed "Magda". They watched the vows take place. Matt later informed me that "Magda" said that she thought that the bride looked 3 months pregnant. She also said...'Look...the sister is in love with the bride's husband, you can tell...", and stated much other trash talk. She was probably from Baltimore.









I hope that on my wedding day, planes sweep overhead with banners proclaiming ad slogans for the Mega Millions lotto...always has been a secret wish of mine.











As the ceremony winded down, I snagged this gorgeous photo of the bride, passing by an appropriate landmark.
"Leave Only Your Footsteps Behind".
Indeed.

3 comments:

Mary said...

In all my years here I have never seen this. Good job. I am always surprised in OC. It is a must to carry your camera everywhere you go.
I am sure you are right about Baltimore.

Donna Migliaccio said...

Third picture down - woman in long aqua dress...

What on earth is she doing?

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Not quite sure?
Quite the pose, though.