Wednesday, September 27, 2006

STRANGE DREAM...

Last night, I had the weirdest dream that I have ever had...So weird that I woke up, peed, and wrote it down on 3 pages of blank paper...
The cast of characters:
Susan Lynskey
Callie Kimball
Donna Migliaccio
Eric Schaeffer
and me.
THE SETTING:
A cross between the McDowell Colony (where Callie is currently writing plays) and the new Signature Theatre.
How does it start?
I have to pee like mad through the dream....I go down to the "basement" of the new Signature, (although the new Signature has no basement), and it is flooded with about an inch of water...swimming in this water are camel crickets and roaches...Eric says to me..."Yeah, I heard it was raining last night, but I thought, well, whatever..."...I comment on all of the bugs down in the basement floating around, and he says, "Well, they have to go somewhere..."...There seem to be no bathroom facilities, so I look to pee in a puddle alongside a locker-like structure...Susan Lynskey pokes her head around a corner and keeps saying, "Lemme see it!"...she keeps wanting to see my penis...I go upstairs, and I am on a mountain range (Seemingly a McDowell colony-esque landscape), and there is my tent from my backyard, with my table set with china. The clouds are low hanging and seemingly made of blue and purple paint...
Donna Mig is up to my left grilling out, and Eric is going around picking up trash with a trash bag.
All of the sudden I have to pee again, and Susan is asking me if she can "see it".
I decline again, and see funnels of purple and blue color dripping from these fake looking clouds...these funnels are tornadoes...
All of a sudden, a huge tornado makes a distant swipe at the weird landscape...it sounds like a million horses neighing...
Eric yells, "Tor-Nad-eee!", and giggles as he goes inside...
The canopy tilts sideways, and all of the china breaks...I hold onto a leg of the tent...
I turn to Donna and say, "Do you see this tornado?"... but cannot move towards her. or safety...The wind is sucking me back.
She yells at me to come inside, but I cannot move...Suddenly the canopy flies out into the sky about 500 feet, then reverses directions, and comes right for me. Callie is writing poetry, but not flinching on the side of the hill, and yells, "Lie down!", so does Donna..
I do, as the tent crashes behind me...I stand up and pee...Susan Lynskey pops up and asks if she can see it.
Eric comes out and says..."Glad you are alive, but your tent destroyed the new theatre!"
Then I woke up, and GOD, did I have to pee...
Then, I wrote these 3 pages of dream down...
any dream interpreters out there?
What does this mean?

5 comments:

Donna Migliaccio said...

Well, clearly I'm a Mommy figure, since I'm cooking and telling you what to do in an emergency.

Oh, wait - that's real life.

I do not EVEN want to get into what Susan represents.

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

And I think you had a polka-dotted apron on, too...
Hmmm...Yeah...very bizarre.

Anonymous said...

I think it all means you know how to hold your bladder exceptionally well!

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Bladder control is an asset, indeed.
Trish...yeah, I would think the same thing, if I were doing any drugs other than ibuprofen!

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Callie...what I have found through dream research is that I respect you, and find you to be unflappable.
Writing poetry and not flinching...what strength!