Monday, January 29, 2007

"We had to go through thick and thin..."


(Photo of me, Dan Cooney, and Stephanie Waters and Lauren Williams by Carol Pratt)

Wow. First 5 show weekend of ITW. Quite exhausting. But what a great time. Great houses this weekend...populated with anyone from J. Fred Shiffman to Anthony Rapp.
This show always feels fun to do. That is kind of rare...when a show, despite its work load is enjoyable and doesn't feel like work while you are doing it...While I love Mondays as a day off, I won't lie and say that come Monday night at about 7ish, that I don't think about that prologue starting it's incessant vamp, and the first "I Wish" being sung...
Last Monday, Matty and I had a "date night" and had dinner at The Olive Garden (I am an Italian food addict) and then saw Pan's labyrinth...this Monday...(today actually), we will have dinner....somewhere, and go to see Notes on a Scandal, but we will be joined by Dan Cooney (Our Baker in ITW, also, the former Mr. Poe in Nevermore).
It will be my next to last day off, as I start rehearsals for Meet John Doe at FOrd's on February 6th. (And our day off is Sunday...so...for 3 weeks, I will be running all over town, car pooling with Jim Moye, who is our Cinderella's Prince/ Big Bad Wolf, and who is also John Doe! We will be travel cohorts in this next 3 weeks, as we are not one mile from each other (he is being put up in the new town houses opposite Signature).
I will be enjoying a nice day of house cleaning, blogging, dusting, and grocery shopping tomorrow.
Details to follow.
New "Good Ink" as some of my cohorts call it:
Arlington Sun Gazette
DC Theatre Reviews (Scroll Down)
Washington City Paper
Thanks to Joel for being OVERLY sweet...
So, until tomorrow, I am gonna sign off and sleep easy.
Goodnight, Arlington.
SGS

3 comments:

Tracy said...

i hear it's great. i hear YOU'RE great. i can't wait to see it.

love you a lot.

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

I miss you, Tracy! I hear YOU are great in your show!
Call me soon!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.