Tuesday, February 20, 2007

On Tidy Endings...

There are a few things that you as the reader need to know about me.
I know that some people are upset about the Helen Hayes nominations. I am sorry to be one of them. I have been vocal in this, however...I have not come out against anyone's shows or performance nominations. I have never damned anyone on this or any other site for being nominated.
I believe in these awards, and feel sad when things are blatantly overlooked.
That is not to say that I think that other things should be bumped out and other shows bumped in. Get me? I'm saying "in addition to".
I started this blog out of boredom as an artist when I wasn't working...look to my archives to the right. This is my personal website which I try not to be deconstructive on, but try to encourage and engage creativity...even through my own writing and photography.
That being said, there have been some changes made.
I have excluded comments, because so many anonymous commentors come onto my site, don't know the connotation of what I'm talking about and leave comments that make no sense.
Several people viewed my anger over Nevermore as if I was in it, saying things like "your day will come little buddy" .
I was not speaking about actor nominations. I was speaking of my husband's piece. I am not speaking for him, either. These are all my own words.
Except these...I was watching "V for Vendetta" tonight, and these words rang out to me...
"Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us...but within that inch, we are free.
An inch...it is small and it is fragile, but it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away, and we must never let them take it from us..."
What you need to know about me as a reader is this:
I am loyal to the death.
If I believe in something, I would throw myself in front of a bus for it. I feel this for my husband's work. If I am judged negatively for this quality, so be it.
What are we as artists if not passionate? This blog is written by someone who possesses a heart.
I cannot hide that fact.
Luv,
SGS

No comments: