Thursday, November 08, 2007

TICK TICK BOOM! Starts again tonight through Sunday night!



Well, I am just eating dinner and getting ready to start another great weekend of shows. Another review came out. The Washington City Paper. While not terribly bad, I don't really agree with the review on many points. It seems to infer that if I screamed like bloody murder, ruined my voice, and didn't enunciate, then I would have done much better. Damned if you do or don't I say.
What I do know is that I have been getting e-mails (through my blog) from people who have come to see the show. People who I do not know. I normally wouldn't share these, but I have received so many, and I never get e-mails like this from any show that I do.
Here are some of the excerpts:


Here's one...

"Thanks for an amazing performance.
We met briefly with Felicia Curry at the end of tonight's (Sunday 7:00 PM) performance in the Lobby of Metro Stage. I grudgingly came to see the performance (I was kind of down), which turned out to be (as I said in the lobby) totally amazing.
The three of you have awesome voices, especially your voice, which is so suited for that kind of score and music.
I truly believe that you could easily do RENT on Broadway or most anything both musical and non-musical. You have a fantastic energy in you.
I left with a smile on my face tonight and hope to keep it for the rest of the week, maybe longer."


One from an obvious youngster...

"I hope you don't mind, but I got your email off of your blog and just wanted to compliment you on tick tick BOOM. I was in the audience Friday night and thought it was wonderful. It has always been one of my favorite shows and as a huge Raul Esparza fan I came in fully biased towards hating you, quite honestly, but you (and your cast mates) completely won me over. I hope you all are enjoying yourselves, good luck with the rest of the run!"




Here's a really touching one...

"I was at "Tick, Tick ... BOOM!" tonight (Thurs.) with my God Mother, and I have to say we were both extremely impressed by the show you, Matt and Felicia put on.
If words could explain the sensations we were both feeling by the end of the evening, they would probably reflect the following: incredible, uplifting, inspirational, and ... incredible (again).
Watching the three of you on stage was not only powerful, it was exquisite, elegant and meaningful. The thesis of the show hit home, and ... it hit hard -- but was so well done that at the end, I felt inspired, not faulted; which sometimes is often the unbearable truth.
Caroline (God mother) and I have season tickets to Metro Stage and have seen Felicia preform in a previous production "Three Sistahs." We have been blown away by her performance before, and were truly blown away again. She's excellent. You all are. Truly wonderfully talented artists -- if it weren't for your great performance as a team, this email would have never been birthed.
What was so beautiful was the nature in which you each worked off of each others energies; together as one acting body you transformed the emotions of your audience to care, think, feel, react. You left our hearts pounding at the end of the night. And for that, we can only respond: Thank you. Our hearts needed it."



So come out and see us, and then feel free to write me after.
Today is the start of the 3rd to last weekend of shows. Not much time remaining!
www.metrostage.org


PS- I will check in later, after the show and tell you all about Fall Back Yard Clean up. Sound like fun? No, it was NOT! TONS of...ugh...SPIDERS!!!
yuck!
Talk later,
SGS

No comments: