Monday, December 03, 2007

Done.


We closed tick last night. whew.
I am always happy/sad when a show closes, but I have to say that I am leaning more to the side of happy. Not because I didn't think that the show was fantastic, or didn't love the cast, ect, but because it was ready to end, I think. I was ready. It was the hardest show that I have ever done. I know, wah, wah, do I want to cheese with that wine. But it was really hard and exhausting every performance. The relief that the pressure is off is amazing. Will I miss it?
yes.
I always miss gainful employment and beyond that, a show that really is so close to my heart. This show was so me that it almost felt like a cabaret.
I will miss Jon. Crazy guy that he was. He was fun to live in. I just wished that he would shut up sometimes. ;)
The constant talking/singing wore on me. The 5 sips of water that I sneaked through the evening were never enough. I always ended up with cotton mouth. Poor Felicia had to kiss that cotton mouth.
Felicia.
wowsers, what an amazing performer. She is such a smart actress, and lord, what a voice. She was so easy to be in love with. Such a delight on stage and off. She is a true star. I adore her.
Matt Pearson.
He was so great to be on the stage with. He was always in the moment with me. We had a great give and take with each other. I miss him already. He will always be a brother to me. And what an amazing performer, too. I hope he will be back in Washington,DC soon.
Matt Gardiner as our fearless leader was exactly that...fearless. He tackled this show with such an eager eye. His work on this show was fantastic, and so smart. He is a guy who is surely going places, and I am eager to see his next endeavor, whatever it is.
Metro Stage, and all of it's staff were fantastic to us, and it was a pleasure to work there. Brandon, Danielle, Jessica, Kevin, and Carolyn were all extremely supportive and fantastic throughout the entire process.
The band was fantastic, and changed hands so much that it was hard to keep up with who was playing what night. But they were all always fantastic.
A great cast, a great crew, a great band, a great creative team, a great theatre, and a great piece of theatre. Everything ends, though, and I am happy and blessed for the time that I spent with this piece, but now that time is at an end.
The commercial will, however still be able to view here, at Metro's blog.
Thanks to all of you who came out to see our show, and thanks to everyone involved for making it the amazing experience that it was. Thank God for you all.
PS- this is post number 800 on this blog, and I can't think of a better way to have spent it.
Goodnight, all.
Luv,
SGS

3 comments:

Brandon said...

I'm hurt, that I wasn't part of the run crew. I know out of sight out of mind. So sad. :(

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Brandon...SOOOOOO sorry, I was so tired when I wrote that I left you out.
I will correct it. You know I love you!

Brandon said...

I'm sure the pain will leave in time. Till then I'll drown them with beer.