Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Some Christmas Cheer...


Tonight, for the very first time, I watched Nestor, the Long Eared Christmas Donkey on ABC Family channel. I had never even heard about the special before this year, when Matt was telling Sherri Edelen over a holiday dinner that it was his favorite Christmas special growing up. He called it by the wrong name and said that it was Lester the long eared Christmas Donkey (which in a way, sounds better, but I digress). Sherri laughed and said, "It's Nestor!" I was confused, as I had never even heard of it. Matt said that it was like, his Christmas special. Whenever it was on, his mother would say, "Matt....the donkey's on...", and he would watch it.
I was sitting on the couch when I got home from work and saw that it was coming on ABC Family, so I set the VCR to record.
I sat down and watched it and found myself in tears over a claymation donkey. How embarrassing. It was so sweet but also very sad. If you were ever an outsider or different from all of the other kids, you would cry when you watched it. I loved it, and am glad that I taped it so that Matty can watch it.
He couldn't watch it because he was going down to Signature Theatre to play piano in the lobby before and after the December Divas cabaret, which features Eleasha Gamble, Tracy Lynn Olivera, and Jane Pesci Townsend.





I can't wait to see this Holiday season cabaret! You can find out more info about it HERE. It only plays for a few days, so go, enjoy, and tip my husband on the way into the theatre!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got Nestor on DVD along with the all-time favorite in my house, "The Year Without a Santa Claus." If you haven't seen THAT one, I will have to buy a cheap-ass ticket from Toronto to Dulles and force it upon you first chance I get!!!!

Loving and missing you over the holidays,
Lynn.