Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sh*t I like right now...

Our computer is still out of commission and I am about to crawl up a wall. Sorry no recent posts, but it is hard to find time at work to do much on here.
So let's play a quick game of catch up with each other...
My parents paid a visit last weekend, and it was fantastic as always to spend time with them. The time is never enough, of course, and I wish I didn't have to work so much and could take off and see them more, but that's how it goes.
I have been working at the tanning salon and TicketPlace, making candles, and working on my upcoming summer cabaret, entitled Insomnieoke. Details to follow.
The Kander and Ebb Lucy Bowen McCauley show ended on Sunday afternoon, and went very well. I hear that there are great pictures from it, and as soon as I get them, I will share with all of you.


I just finished reading The Alchemist, and I have to say that I thought it was an amazing book that has totally changed my way of thinking. It is a life changing book, and I am so glad to have read it. Kurt Boehm got it for me and Matt for Christmas, and I read it this past week. Thanks so much for sharing that book with us, Kurt! I really loved it.


My last Netflix was:
The Tingler

A real campy treat of a film. I watched it the other night with Kara Tameika Watkins, and we laughed the whole way through. What fun it must have been to be in the movie theatre when the screen goes black and Vincent Price's voice yells,"The Tingler is loose in this theatre - scream - scream for your lives!!!"
*sigh* Good times.





I'm not much on contemporary pop music, but I have to say, I've been really digging Madonna's Hard Candy. Great beats and hooks, and just makes you want to dance. Favorite tracks: 4 Minutes to Save the World, Candy Shop, Give it To Me.



Ok, that's a quickie from me to you. Talk to you soon.
SGS

No comments: