Monday, December 26, 2005

Broke(back)en hearted....


Merry stuff...
I'm back after a sojourn to P-town....
All was well..got a new set of kitchen tools...new pots, pans, knife, ect.
Got clothes, BAD movies galore...
And I saw Brokeback Mountain...
I am shattered and on the floor.
I have only one word...REPRESSION!
This movie was SO amazing, and yet so depressing...I wanted to scream..."It is 1975...move to NYC...you'll be fine! "
Despite all of the hot straight man-on-man action, the hot point for me was the repression.
GOD!
See it! I don't know about all the Oscar talk for Heath, but I think it is amazing.
Maybe because I have a mild crush on Jake. Oh please...who doesn't?
He was SO AMAZING in the film. This monologue in particular wrought me to a teary pulp...

“Try this one,” said Jack, “and I’ll say it just one time. Tell you what, we could a had a good life together, a fuckin real good life. You wouldn’t do it, Ennis, so what we got now is Brokeback Mountain. Everthing built on that. It’s all we got, boy, fuckin all, so I hope you know that if you don’t never know the rest. Count the damn few times we been together in twenty years. Measure the fuckin short leash you keep me on, then ask me about Mexico and then tell me you’ll kill me for needin it and not hardly never gettin it. You got no fuckin idea how bad it gets. I’m not you. I can’t make it on a couple a high-altitude fucks once or twice a year. You’re too much for me, Ennis, you son of a whoreson bitch. I wish I knew how to quit you.”

I believe his performance to be the better of the two. Not that Heath's was anything to scoff at, mind you...I find it heart-wrenching as well. Both deserve an equal amount of praise for this film, and NO, not because they played "gay" (whatever that is) well....but because they played forbidden love extremely well. The film is a symphony of joy intertwined with longing and pain.
I was so saddened by the film, and found it so gorgeous.
Thank God I don't have to hide who I love...it would kill me.
How was your holiday?

No comments: