Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Grapes of Wrath...


How did I spend my day off?
Well, I didn't have to work, so I spent it lounging around in underoos...me and the hubby had breakfast food, (which he cooked, as always), and then he went to the gym...the snow started to fall...it was lovely...
Lucky Spinster came by...we did pilates, and I helped her memorize her Shakespeare lines...
We watched 50's educational films and laughed...
I played Gwen Stefani CD's and jived around my living room like I was in Risky Business.
The snow kept falling...
Then, Matty was eating a salad...grapes were in it...
Yes, I know everything there is to know about dogs...I take for granted that others don't.
Grapes are DEADLY to dogs...
we give Boo a lot of table food...horrible practice, but...he's a pug...you can't understand this fully till you own one. There is no way around it...you're gonna give a pug table food.
Matt gave him 2 grapes...
I found this out and went into panic mode, calling the emergency vet, ect...
we had to induce vomiting with Hydrogen Peroxide...finally it happened.
Poor boy...his 3rd birthday spent puking.
much like my own 21st...
he is fine, all is good, but it was just enough drama to fill out the day.
I felt the worse for Matty, who lovingly gives all sorts of table food to the Boo, and felt horrible to find out that grapes are toxic to pooches.
All ended fine, though. Jenny Cartney, Lucky Spinster, Ryan, Matt and I finished out the night playing Catch-Phrase.
Tomorrow is 11AM-11PM rehearsal...god bless us everyone...
remember folks...no grapes or raisins to dogs!

No comments: