Tuesday, August 21, 2007

208


While I was home this past weekend, my Mom and I were looking through my headshots. We came to photo 208, then moved past it, as it wasn't particularly a good shot to use as a headshot. My mom said, "Wait, go back to that one...#208"
I did. I saw immediately why she wanted me to. To the left of my head in the picture is an image created by shadows through the leaves on the rock. It looks like the face of my Rusty. These photos were taken the night before he went to the doctors.
We called my Dad in to see...he thought that I had put a picture of Rusty in the background, or had doctored the photo. I told him that I had not, it was just shadows on the rock. We all sat and took the image in.
So strange.
208. The numbers added together are Rusty's age.
I don't know what it means, really. It's funny, but Rusty has even been in that park before where we took the headshots.
I would like to think that it means that he will always be here, watching over me.

4 comments:

Q 5 Go said...

So funny. I looked at it... didnt see it. Walked over to the oven (I am baking a cake) and when I came back to the computer I saw it clear as day!

Miss you buddy!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, SGS, I can SEE that!! Waaaay too cool. You and Rusty are hooked up for an eternity!

Anonymous said...

Here is what I think it means, that it should be the one you use. Besides being an amazing picture, that shadow is always looking over you. What a connection. He will always be there looking over shoulder.

-Spence

Anonymous said...

I agree, spencer.