Thursday, September 27, 2007

Catching Up...


Yeah, I'm still here. I've been spending a majority of my time at Metro Stage rehearsing, and when I'm not there, I'm at home trying to memorize and play piano. The show is going well, I think. I just need lots of repetition, which there is plenty of time for thank god.

This past weekend I got to see and visit with my Uncle Deryck and Aunt Moya, who I haven't seen in 9 years.

(Pictured are Dad, Rusty, Me, Moya, Deryck, and Mom)
They are from England, so visits are not that frequent. Hopefully it won't be another 9 years before I see them again, and I doubt that it will be, since the world keeps getting smaller by the year. It was a lovely visit, and I was so happy to catch up with them, especially since they had never met Matt, nor Buddha, and they also got to see where I lived and worked. The last time they were here to visit, I was living in the Budgetel Inn next to Shenandoah University, still in college. (Some of the upper class men were put up in the Budgetel, which was QUITE lovely, but I digress). So much has changed since then. That visit was merely months before Matt and I began our relationship, which is still going strong almost (and soon to be) 9 years later. Where does time go? Rusty came down to visit as well, and seems to still be doing well. Keep your prayers going strong, they seem to be fueling his fire for life.
Other than that brief and lovely visit, I have spent a majority of my time wandering, muttering, rambling, dancing, screaming, and singing on this beautifully designed (by Adam Koch)set.

Like I said, I am totally psyched for what the show is going to be like, and think that we have gotten a tremendous amount of work done in the short amount of time that we have already had. Matt Gardiner finished blocking the show today. When we finished singing the gorgeous and rising "Actions Speak Louder Than Words", I could barely believe that we accomplished so much already. Everyone in the cast and the production staff is so fantastic, though, that it is no mystery how we got there. I think that we are at a really fantastic place with the piece, and I cannot wait for the next rehearsal to come.
The postcard ad for the show came out today. Here it is...

For ticket info on tick, tick...BOOM!, click HERE.
I will chat more tomorrow night.
G'night Arlington,
SGS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look so tough and sexy ;)