Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Flashback-Yard Sale of May 5th


Back on the 5th of May this past year, Matty and I sold an odd lot of personal belongings at the Fairlington Yard Sale. We had a great time, as Nancy was right next to us selling her things. We both laughed at each other's lots of things, me with tons of horror and gore memorabilia, and children's toys, and her with "Judd's" albums, and this awful black and white sweater that I said looked like Rudy Huxtable wore it on The Cosby Chow.
Needless to say, nobody bought it.

(Nancy's sale items)
As the day went on, and the yard sale traffic got slower, we got more and more giddy. I ended up making a sign to try to help sell Nancy's ugly sweater. I wrote on a piece of paper and taped it to the shirt. The paper said, "As worn by Rudy Huxtable on The Cosby Show".
It became hysterically funny when anyone would walk past her sale items. We would giggle and look away, turning red and trying not to scream laugh. I loved to watch people's expressions as they read the sign, considered this random fact, and then moved on like they never saw it.
Nancy just sent me these photos a few weeks ago, so I finally remembered to share them with the class.
I laughed incredibly hard that whole day, and it is a fantastic memory that we made from this past Summer.

Thanks Nancy!

No comments: