Saturday, September 08, 2007

Sunday...


I found this video of Jonathan Larson performing "Sunday" from tick, tick...BOOM!Makes me a little bit sad to watch, considering. But still a great performance of his very funny homage to Sondheim via the Diner.
As we are about to coast into Sunday ourselves, I am taking a much needed break from studying my script and score. I feel like I've been cramming for final exams. I've either been downstairs on the piano, working on "Why?", "Actions Speak Louder than Words", "Come to your Senses", or "30/90" (piano playing wise), or with my nose in my script,(halfway through the thing off book now).
This show compares with nothing that I have ever done before. It extends me in every direction that I can be stretched mentally. In short, it's f*****g awesome.
But I do need breaks from it all now and then. I've been taking in some fantastic movies (on TV), and even seen a couple of fantastic shows (more on that tomorrow).
Right now, I am relaxing by sitting in the back yard and watching the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. (The Original). *sigh* there is a breeze and the fountain is on, and yet I hear the occasional rumble of chainsaw and screams. A perfect evening all together.
Yes, I am a sick little puppy. It is a very therapeutic thing to watch horror films, as they present people in much worse situations than you will ever hopefully be in. I take solace in this. Scream on you crazy kids who never should have explored that abandoned farm house!
Who does that, anyway?
I digress. More on my recent theatrical adventures tomorrow.
G'night all,
SGS

No comments: