Friday, September 07, 2007

TICK NEWS!



Over at Metro Stage's Blog, some breaking news has just been announced.
Let me tell you a little story.
Erin Driscoll had to back out of the show. I love her, and all is well, but it was heartbreaking. I felt like I broke up with someone.
But she has another opportunity, and needs to take it.
So we (and by we, I mean not me, but Matt Gardiner and Carolyn) have been seeing other girls for the role.
Erin is hard to replace, so this was difficult to come by.
Eleasha was on the phone with me one night from her room in Atlanta (as she rehearses The Women of Brewster Place at the Alliance Theatre), and she says...."Why not Felicia Curry?"
I say..."I don't know...well...there is that one lyric in Green Green Dress that I sing about her that says 'soft Blond hair, baby baby blue eyes'".
She let it go.
I was vacuuming my downstairs the other night, moved my couch and found THIS picture of Felicia and me from Footloose at Toby's Dinner Theatre.
I thought to myself.."there's God".
So I thought...I'll call Matt Gardiner and see if he will see her.
He did.

She of course aced the audition.
She is now the new "Susan" in tick.
You know what is strange about the whole finding the picture thing, what with my dog, Rusty in bad health and all?
Felicia played a character in Footloose named "Rusty".
I can't help but think that this wasn't all meant to be.
And one more thing...
I heard her sing "Come to Your Senses" at the audition last week.
People, you don't know what you are in for.
She is amazing, and the show will benefit from her presence.
So hold tight, the rafters of Metro Stage will be blown off very shortly.

(Here is our set)

No comments: