Thursday, February 04, 2010

Porch Ceiling Decor

I got inspired by seeing this done in Clyde's and at a retail store in Old Town, so I took a walk around my neighborhood and gathered all the down branches that I could find. I interlaced a criss-crossing wire (wreath or floral wire) on either side of the ceiling of my balcony, then I guided the branches above them, so that they rest on top of the wire. I then interlaced the branches with white Christmas lights. Here is the result. I am not totally done with it yet, as there are a few extra touches that I have not done yet, but here is the general idea. I think that it is gorgeous!





3 comments:

Brandon said...

Looks like a great start! Can't wait to see the end result.

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Thanks, Brandon!

toronto home renovations said...

Regarding your ceiling decoration you are inspired from many different places wherever you see the same things.