Wednesday, February 10, 2010

White Out Wednesday: Blizzard Warning



Well, the conditions, as they say, are deteriorating rapidly. The Blizzard Warning has been expanded to now include most of the DC Metro Area. Winds will become northwest and increase to 20 to 30 mph with gusts around 45 mph. Blowing and drifting snow will reduce visibilities to between one quarter of a mile or less at times, producing blizzard conditions.
Looking outside my window right now, I can barely see anything. As you can see from the photo above, visibility is poor as it is, but then look at the photo below that I just this second took:




You can barely see the shopping center. I look at this and look at Buddha and think - wow. How are we going to get you to go potty this morning? Yikes. We'll have to think on that.
So again, everyone - charge up those phones and have someone you can call who lives far away who can look up information on a computer for you (like numbers to call when power goes out, etc.) And try to expect a power outage rather than hope you don't get one. I have my extra blankets laid out, along with my candles and flashlights. I have firewood (thanks, Karissa) and food that needs not be cooked to eat. So have a plan. And then have a back up plan. It might feel like being over prepared, but rather over than under.
I will keep blogging to you all today as long as I have power. So till we talk again, stay safe out there. It's a cold white mess.
xoxo
sgs

No comments: