Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Carving O' the Gourds - 2007


Well, tonight we had a few folks over for the carving of the pumpkins. Nancy, Ryan, Kurt, Danny, Priscilla, Kara-Tameika, Emily and myself partook. I have one more to carve that I am going to save for tomorrow evening, right before the Trick or Treaters come. (I have already spray painted it black...I'm thinking of making it a cat...
But for tonight's monstrosity, I opted for something more sinister...


First I worked on the basics...holow it out, carve the face...
















Poking out the fake eyes and created the distressed face...I also fashioned a tongue to hang out from the mouth...















Then I rinsed it out in the sink...













Next I applied some pale blue paint to give it the oxygen starved look, then paint the tongue pink...




















Then comes the glow stick inside, weighed down to the bottom of the pumpkin, the clear plastic bag over the gourd, the mater is then added last...













And there you have it...Drowned Pumpkin...














And here are every one else's gourds...in light...















and in dark...

No comments: