Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween 2007 - trick or treat night...


Here is the front of our house tonight for trick or treat night...








The smoke machine added a creepy quality to the lights, and made several children shriek. I was delighted.














I looked like this....

and some little girl said that I looked beautiful. Wow. Kids today. A young black heart after my own.

I had a great time sitting out in front of my haunted house and scaring (some) of the children, also hearing many of them say, "this is the coolest house ever!!!"
It made MY Halloween to make so many memories for other kids, as I remember and appreciate all of the times that I would be marveled and terrified by neighborhood displays as I walked through them petrified to get my little sugar-coated reward. Isn't that what Halloween is about? Facing your fears to get a prize if you do it well?
In my book, that's exactly what it is about.
Happy Halloween everyone.
Luv,
SGS

No comments: